If Family issues are weighing heavily, let us lighten the load...
0151 515 3036 | 07795 060 211
Divorce Law Solicitor
At Tracey Miller Family Law, our expert divorce solicitors understand how difficult a separation can be for everyone involved. The emotional trauma of attempting to assess the impact a divorce will have upon children and finances, home, pension and shared assets can leave you feeling drained and exhausted.
Our friendly yet professional approach to divorce law helps to alleviate this whirlwind of emotions, helping you find the quickest, least acrimonious and most economical way through a divorce.
Expert Divorce Solicitors
Current UK divorce law is detailed in the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973. The law allows only one ground for divorce in England and Wales; the couple in question must demonstrate that their marriage has 'Irretrievably Broken Down'.
Your divorce law solicitor will advise you on the best way to prove this in court, based on the reasons you give for the breakdown of your marriage. One of five facts set out in the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 may be relied upon to prove the irretrievable breakdown, depending on your individual circumstances. These are:
- Adultery: your spouse has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to live with them.
- Unreasonable behaviour: your spouse has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live with them.
- Desertion: your spouse has deserted you for a continuous period of at least two years immediately preceding the presentation of the divorce petition.
- Two years separation with consent: you and your spouse have lived apart for a continuous period of at least two years immediately preceding the presentation of the divorce petition and your spouse consents to a decree being granted.
- Five years separation: you and your spouse have lived apart for a continuous period of at least 5 years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition.
On dealing with a petition for divorce, the court has various powers regarding the two parties' finances and children; these powers will be explained to you by your divorce law solicitor.
Tracey Miller adds:
"No-one can really say they know how you feel unless they have been through it themselves. I can honestly say that having been through a painful divorce myself that I do, which always puts my clients at ease. I can empathise with their situation and fully understand the emotional as well as the legal implications."
Contact Tracey Miller Family Law
TMFL are the North West's only Family Law solicitors, offering a seven day a week service, they are available to speak to out of normal office hours and over a weekend.
For more information about UK divorce law, or to speak to a friendly, sympathetic divorce solicitor, do not hesitate to contact us today.